Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Draenor - A Good or Bad Expansion?

Draenor

I have 3 level 100 characters. One garrison maxed at level 3.
Now what!
I am bored with this expansion! Yes, bored!

Garrisons
I no longer bother with the garrisons. My other 3 characters at level 90+ do nothing. Not bothered with finishing questing, leveling, or the garrisons.
I could go play the FaceBook games and have just as much satisfaction

I no longer do dungeons, raids or PvP.

Craftskills
Crafting has long been an issue with me. I have enjoyed keeping crafting skills on all my characters up. Draenor shows that Blizzard has no real interest in making crafting interesting or worthwhile.. As far as I am concerned,
Tailoring and Leatherworking are bad, bad. My 2 level 100's that have these crafts gave up some time ago.
Jewel crafting and Alchemy are okay, I think. However, my Alchemy character gets materials from the others as he does not have the herb garden.
Blacksmithing is okay.
Why make some crafters able to make items from level 90, while others have to wait till level 96 or 97? Bad planning, I think.

Changes
I decided this week to do some stuff.
My main has been doing the Argent Tournament for some time. I already have 35+ heirlooms, but am going for the reputation.
Two of the other level 100's are also about to grind reputation. One is after the Order of the Cloud Serpent, the other for the August Celestials.
I started a Goblin Hunter. Here I use 2 or 3 heirlooms, and am leveling up in zones other than what the Command Board suggests. ( am tired of the same zones over and over again - NO MORE ASHENVALE!!!)
My long forgotten Dwarf Paladin has been dusted off. He was languishing in Hellfire for a long time. He is outfitted in full heirloom gear. With no effort, I got him through zones spending some time here and there, enjoying the zones from the Alliance point of view. He is now in Mists, and will be 90 soon.

Future plans
The Alliance Paladin will remain in Pandaland. Once he reaches level 90, He will go through each zone, doing most of the quests. This guy will also help level up the stable of Battle Pets.
The 3 max level Horde characters will do Pandaland reputations. Each will go for the reputation that offers patterns and rewards for whatever their crafting skills want.
My main will also do the Nat Pagle reputation. I never got far with that.
My awesome death Knight will also go for some Timeless Isle reputation.
Who knows, I may take some of the level 90 + characters back to Pandaland.

Rating
I rate Draenor as Indifferent. In my view expansion is almost an optional patch.



No comments: