Thursday, March 6, 2014

World of Warcraft Addons

I am a bit of an addon junkie.
Here is a list of addons I currently use.
All of these addons can be found at either WOWINTERFACE OR CURSE.

Must have: (1st rank)
Lightheaded
Tomtom
Bazooka
Addon Control Panel

I rarely use the Blizzard UI. My biggest bugbear with the standard UI are the actionbars. The placement and area taken up by the actionbars are just too big, and the position of the chat panes are not well thought out, methinks.

I use progressive glasses. This means I must move my head to focus on different areas of the screen. Because of this, I place the elements I look at often at the bottom.
When I have the urge, I build a UI with addons. I use
Dominos or Bartender - actionbar
Basicchat - chat panes
Basicminimap- minimap
Shadowed Unit Frames or whatever ouf set I like.

Full unitframe sets: (2nd rank)
These replace all the standard elements.
Tukui - a simple minimalistic setup
elvui - based on tukui, with more options
shestakui - similar to elvui (my preference)

Addons: (3rd rank)
Buggrabber
Bagnon
Archy
Auctionlite
Bankstack
Broker_ChatAlerts
GTFO
Handynotes
MikScollingBattleText
Postal
Questmods
Speedyload
Tradeskillinfo
WealAuras

Handy addons: (4th rank)
Ackis Recipe List
Silverdragon
npcscan overlay
Farmhand
Darkmoon Faire Cannon
Darkmoon Professional
Flightmaster
Gatherer
Grail & Wholly, or Questhubber
Mogit
Pawn
Moncaicompare
Altoholic

Using the very handy Addon Control Panel, I enable or disable addons as I need them. This does a screen reload.

Screenshots of Shestakui, elvui and tukui.


Shestakui


elvui


tukui

When these shots were taken, I was using Shestakui. Elvui and Tukui needed a bit of tweeking of the chat panels. I was lazy :).

No comments: